Updated: Jul 18, 2020
1. Do you know that Lifestyle change is the only solution for diabetes and not medicines?
2. What made you enroll and what were your expectations and aims when you joined
Came to know about ‘Prevento Health’ from your office which made me enroll myself. Since my mother was type-ii diabetic patient, i wanted to prevent myself from being affected of diabetes. Hence, i have joined Prevento Health, expecting to avoid being affected of diabetes in future.
3. Describe your duration of diabetes and how were you managing your blood glucose?
When I have joined Prevento Health, my HbA1c was 6.8. Prior to joining Prevento Health, I did not take care to manage my blood glucose level. Since i was serving in police department, I could not think about or find time to take care of my health. After my retirement from my service on 30th June 2019, i thought about taking care of my health. But for the past 10 years I have not used sugar while taking tea. I have used ‘sugar free’ pellets for seven years and added country sugar (நாட்டு சர்க்கரை) in a small quantity in tea for the past three years. I dislike coffee and always used to take tea only with the country sugar. I always dislike sweets and do not eat sweets since I am allergic to the ‘smell’ of ghee from my tender age.
4. What were the outcomes in terms of diabetic management for you before joining
Prevento Health’s Diabetes Treatment program?
My height is 160 cm and I have been maintaining a weight of between 63 and 64 kgs for past 20 years. Since I was very busy with my job, I did not go for morning or evening walks and glued to my computer for nearly 14 hours daily. Hence, I did not take much efforts to manage my diabetes.
5. Have you ever thought of such a remote treatment for diabetes as possible before
knowing about Prevento’s program?
6. Have you ever consulted a dietitian/physical activity/Stress counsellor for diabetes?
7. Do you visit a doctor for diabetes? How frequently before joining the program?
8. Have you ever thought that the actual solution for diabetes lies outside taking
medicines/insulin? If yes, what are they?
Yes. Diet control and regular exercises.
9. How was the support from team Prevento throughout the program?
10. What were the support from other arms of the program apart from diet? What do you feel
about their role in your overall diabetes treatment?
Videos & exercise programmes. (but I could not do the exercises given by physical activity consultant since I am a spondylolisthesis patient. But I am doing the activity of walking).
I think that their role is also very important in diabetes treatment.
11. What did you achieve from Prevento apart from reduction in HbA1c?
I HAVE LOST WEIGHT OF NEARLY 6 KGS IN THE PAST 100 DAYS.
12. What challenges did you face during the program and how did you overcome those
I DO NOT THINK THIS PROGRAM AS A CHALLENGE SINCE I THINK IT IS AN ESSENTIAL THING FOR MY HEALTH.
13. How supportive were your family members throughout the course of the program?
The support from my family members (especially my wife) is excellent (as always).
14. How did team Prevento help you to ov